Re: Re: Another [OT]

Not a standalone desk, but I built my office into an alcove using IKEA
kitchen units. The standard worktop depth is just right for flat panel
monitors. I second the cable tray thingy, it's got staggered tines so
reall=
good at keeping your cables under control (but Phil is right, the queues at
Bristol were a nightmare, hopefully better now).

They also do (did) a slide out adjustable keyboard thingummy. The cupboard
depth is OK for many PC cases, but I modified one to be slightly deeper by
creating slots in the back for cables and cutting down a cosmetic side
pane=
to create a filler at the back. That became irrelevant when I swapped to a
laptop for everything. I'd put up a picture but it is embarrassingly messy.
The standard drawers worked well as slide out PC shelves but I also
modifie=
some nornal shelves to pull out as well.  I should have submitted it to
http://ikeahacker.blogspot.com/
really, I'm quite proud of it.

Cheers

David

On 9/1/07, Phil Harris <phil@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I just use plastic rainwater guttering...
>
> Not as pretty but saves those queues at the Ikea checkouts. :-D
>
> Phil

code 500.351.15.
> > They
> > were =A39 each when I bought mine a couple of years ago.
> >

> > regards
> >
> > Stewart
> >
> > _____
> >
> > From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx <ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:
> ukha_d@xxxxxxx <ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf
> > Of
> > Gary Tall
> > Sent: 31 August 2007 20:26
> > To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx <ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>
> > Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Re: Another [OT]
> >

> > Thanks all, I'll take a look.
> >
> > The desk cable trays sound good as the office has a slate floor
and I
> > don't want to see any cables.
> >
> > Regards
> > Gary

I put
> > it in - despite having been worked on every day in the
intervening
> > period. Really substantial "wood" I think the range was
called Billy -