Re: [OT] External Hard Disk

  • Subject: Re: [OT] External Hard Disk
  • From: "tonytofts" <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 06:03:15 -0000

I originally ripped the whole dvd "as is" with
dvddecryptor(sp?)

Now i'm mouting the images, using CloneDVD2 to make a stripped down
iso on the local drive and then using dvddecryptor to make the single
vob (also have an ifo and a dvd cover image with each vob) back on
the mini-mac.

In the case of multi episode dvd's (e.g 24) I split each episode out
into it's own vob

The front-end i've written pulls all film series/tv episodes together
in the selection menu even if they are spread out over multiple disks
and also caches the cover images on the master media server to save
having to wake the mini-mac drives just to display them

Tony