Re: Re: [OT] External Hard Disk

I know about the "safely remove" thing, but I thought that
it's only
needed to prevent problems if you pull the plug while writing to the
disk.  Since this is to be used as a media source, I should only ever be
reading (unless doing maintenance), in which case a powering off should
be safe.

However, I'm moving away from this idea now.  I had been thinking of
saving power by going to the mini-itx route, but it's just a load of
hassle and all the nice rackmount cases I planned to use would wipe out
any electicity savings.  I've seen that Abit do motherboards with 10
sata connectors, so that plus a low-end Core2Duo in a full tower case
should do the trick and sort the spin-down issue at the same time.

As for Pearl and Dean - I thought of doing that to add to the home
cinema "experience", but I could do with some of those classic
cinema
adds too - anyone know if any are available?

Mal