Re: Byron HA stuff

  • Subject: Re: Byron HA stuff
  • From: "Mal Lansell" <mal@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 11:00:37 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "noughtomate"
<balraj_jassal@...>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I popped into my local B&Q and saw the range there. I noticed
they've
> split the range by :
>  - On/Off range (blue)
>  - Timer and Dimmable (Pink)
>  - Outdoor Range (Green)
>  - Ultimate (Grey)
>

> However one thing I'm struggling to find is what technology
they're
> using. I'd ideally like to integrate with my Comfort HA / Alarm
> system.
>
> Does this kit use X10, Z-Wave, proprietry RF or something else ?
>
> Also, would the technology used be consistent with these different
> ranges ?

It uses 433MHz RF (which could be an issue since so many other
devices use the same frequency).

The protocol is compatible with the RFXCOM receiver, which suggests
it is the same as that used by KlikOn-KlikOff and Domia Lite (among
others).  I don't know if there are any proprietary extensions - I
need to get some devices and check it out.

Mal