Re: Dishwasher Fault

  • Subject: Re: Dishwasher Fault
  • From: "Tim Fletcher Dot Com" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 11:08:05 -0000

Nigel,

OK, I am a bit of an ignoramus when it comes to all things electrical.

My main board is like this http://www.memonline.com/mem2.html#1

And the thing that tripped was the small red breaker left of centre. It
left us with no power to sockets, but lights were OK and it was repeatable
- With the dishwasher left "as was" it would trip the breaker as
soon as the isolator was switched.

Yesterday (more in hope than expectation) I removed the offending washer
and took it outside where I removed all the bits I could test and tested
them to the best of my (limited) ability - they all checked out OK - I
didn't test the thermistor because I read a web guide on how to do it and
didn't have the requisite 'O' levels to be sure I was doing it right.

Anyway following reassembly it ran through a couple of times OK, so I
reinstalled it and it seems OK - That would lead me to think that the wires
might be starting to go - I'll see how it goes and report back.

Thanks,

Tim.