RE: Dishwasher Fault

  • Subject: RE: Dishwasher Fault
  • From: "Nigel Giddings" <nigel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 12:13:03 +0100

Tim,

Is it the MCB on the ring main, probably a 32A maybe a 20A or 16A. Or is
it an RCBO which looks for current or earth leakage on just the one
circuit?

Or is it the RCD for the whole house (may exclude the lights)?

I suppose you can repeat the problem a couple of times? Are you sure it
is the dishwasher?

If it is an RCD or RCBO it may be that you have a high earth leakage
from somewhere else and the leakage from the dishwasher (which is in
limits) is enough to trip the leakage device.

If you can report back we can be sure of the cause...

Nigel