RE: Visonic PowerMax+ System

I bought one of the VP1000s a few weeks ago since we are starting some
work
to the house & will not be in residence overnight... wanted
notification if
someone was in the property / there was a leak / fire (extra sensors not
sold by BT).

Found it odd that savacentre was so much cheaper than the BT web site.  Was
actually cheaper to buy another complete system than to buy a couple of
individual sensors and a key fob.

The alarm monitoring seems to work OK.  You can also phone in to switch the
alarm ON / OFF if you have forgotten (although the instructions for this
ar=
not in the manual that comes with the BT Alarm).

The wireless magnetic door sensor actually works all the way to our
externa=
garage, so you don't need to go outside to check if the main garage door is
open or not.

I had not appreciated about the rfxcom interface... will have to look up
th=
details on this (could be very useful).