RE: Visonic PowerMax+ System

> I want to take the plunge and buy a Visonic PowerMax+ system and
have
> seen a company on eBay selling a complete kit for =A3199.00 inc. VAT
&
> delivery. The kit comprises of the main panel, external siren, door
> contact, 2 x pet friendly PIR's & 2 x key fobs.

I would also take a look at the BT VP1000, that can be found a lot cheaper
(no external siren though), eg:

http://tinyurl.com/367wsw

It is basically the PowerMax+, but rebadged. There are some limitations, eg
X10 is disabled by default, default setup for the BT home monitor service,
but there are solutions to these.

If you want HA/X10 integration with Visonic/BT I would suggest the rfxcom
device that can decode the RF from the sensors. (see mini review on
automatedhome.co.uk)

I was very skeptical about wireless alarms (reliability/wireless
range/battery life/etc). My VP1000 has been installed for nearly 3 years,
n=
issues, and still has all the original batteries in the PIRs & door
sensors
:)