VOIP service

Chaps, I'm giving consideration to getting some "proper"
VOIP service up
& running, but I really don't know much about the current state of the
"market" (so to speak)... I've never needed or bothered to use
anything
more than Skype in the past, - which has served me well enough, but now
I feel I'm ready to "move up" to something more serious.

I'm aware of Asterisk, but I think this runs on *nix doesn't it? - Is
there a product(s) - both hardware & software that runs on Windows, -
specifically 2003 server? - This is fairly important, since I have a
2003 server with available capacity, and I *really* don't want to
install an additional server to run another product on...

Any pointers to online dummies guides would be appreciated...

PS: - this doesn't *have* to be "UKHA Price"... :-) - perfect
willing to
pay for decent, supported products!... (is that a first?)

TIA

Paul G.