Re: Sky HD - now or wait?

  • Subject: Re: Sky HD - now or wait?
  • From: "kw1816" <kw1816@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 10:50:55 -0000

FWIW >> I've seen most of the below on my box. Went into the
menus
and turned off Anytime, instant rewind, auto power off etc -
anything that gave me the option to :-)

Box has been MUCH more reliable now and I can't actually remember
the last time I missed a recording. The only issue that still annoys
me is the FF/RW  - as mentioned, X30 looks about the same speed as
X6 until it has a 'lurch' at the end of the adverts and all of a
sudden it's 5 minutes into the recorded programme. Did make me
wonder if it's a Sky ploy to stop people skipping the adverts :-0

Kevin W.

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Paul Gordon" <paul@...> wrote:

> My experience has been that it started off being fairly reliable,
but
> one in particular has been getting worse & worse. This is the
older of
> my two boxes, and also the more heavily used.
>
> It will frequently do things like:
>
> Lock-up entirely
> Show scheduled recordings as FAILED before they've even happened
> Mix up the program descriptions on recordings (i.e. show a
description
> for a completely different programme)
> Stick on fast-forward & not allow me to go back into play mode
without
> turning the box off
>
> Not to mention that the faster FFWD & REW speeds don't work
properly
> (and never have AFAICT) - the 2X & 6X speeds seem OK, going from
6X to
> 12X and then to 30X appears not to actually go any faster onscreen
> (watch a programme on FFWD & see for yourself, - does 12X look any
> different to 6X? - mine doesn't). What happens for me on either
12X or
> 30X is that it will actually go at exactly the same speed as 6X
for a
> while, then jump forward by a massive amount when in realises it
isn't
> as far through the recording as it should be.. I'll be at +12 mins
for
> example, on 30X FFWD, and it will just jump from +12mins to +45mins
> skipping a huge chunk of the programme! - useless!
>
> I do wonder if it's hard disk related... - I'm thinking of doing a
full
> factory reset on the box (when I've watched all the recordings) -
which
> I believe does a format of the disk (or can be made to?)
>
> Shoddy.
>
> Paul G.

Behalf
> > Of Mark McCall
> > Sent: 28 November 2007 10:09
> > To: UKHA Group
> > Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Re: Sky HD - now or wait?
> >
> > I'm a new Sky+ user and I'm starting to see the
lockups, "clashed"
> > recording
> > (where there were no clashes) etc.  I bought this to be
the "reliable"