RE: Re: Sky HD - now or wait?

My experience has been that it started off being fairly reliable, but
one in particular has been getting worse & worse. This is the older of
my two boxes, and also the more heavily used.

It will frequently do things like:

Lock-up entirely
Show scheduled recordings as FAILED before they've even happened
Mix up the program descriptions on recordings (i.e. show a description
for a completely different programme)
Stick on fast-forward & not allow me to go back into play mode without
turning the box off

Not to mention that the faster FFWD & REW speeds don't work properly
(and never have AFAICT) - the 2X & 6X speeds seem OK, going from 6X to
12X and then to 30X appears not to actually go any faster onscreen
(watch a programme on FFWD & see for yourself, - does 12X look any
different to 6X? - mine doesn't). What happens for me on either 12X or
30X is that it will actually go at exactly the same speed as 6X for a
while, then jump forward by a massive amount when in realises it isn't
as far through the recording as it should be.. I'll be at +12 mins for
example, on 30X FFWD, and it will just jump from +12mins to +45mins
skipping a huge chunk of the programme! - useless!

I do wonder if it's hard disk related... - I'm thinking of doing a full
factory reset on the box (when I've watched all the recordings) - which
I believe does a format of the disk (or can be made to?)

Shoddy.

Paul G.

"clashed"