Re: Motorised radiator valves

  • Subject: Re: Motorised radiator valves
  • From: "JonS" <semi.jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 09:18:10 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Karam Karam" <kzkaram@...>
wrote:

> Jon,
>
> We supply some Sauter actuators with an M30 fitting, but its also
> important to work out if the actuator stroke and fit to the
existing
> valve pin is suited.

I tested a Sauter unit before purchasing Honeywell VT117E TRVs which
appear to bath fit and have a compatible stroke.  I went to a
plumbing centre at a quiet time, tested a load of TRV bodies with the
sauter head and bought a couple of canditates.  I then tested at home
a returned the one I didn't want and purchasaed a bunch to the VT117e

I also tested a John Guest actuator (from screwfix) and I think these
also had the same fitting.  IN the end I went for Sauter as they do a
24V version so I have run the control cables in cat5 rather than
mains cable and they can be used in bathrroms too.  Obviously I need
to buy a 24V supply to get it working, but its a project for another
year, but the wires are all waiting :-).  Not good if you are looking
for a wireless soln!

IIRC the sauter valve can be configured NO or NC and have an optional
internal switch so you could then measure if the valve has opened.  I
noted that the run power consumpion of the sauter style actuator is
less than motorised zon valves but the action is not instant, takes a
few minutes to operate.

HTH
Jon