Motorised radiator valves

  • Subject: Motorised radiator valves
  • From: "Jon Wilkins" <jonpdwilkins@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 21:59:44 +0000

Hi All,

Does anyone have any comments/recommendations for motorised radiator
valves?

I'm looking to motorise 2 existing TRV'd rads by removing the TRV body
& utilising the existing valve (to avoid having to do any plumbing
work).  This is to trial smart control over heating in a couple of
rooms.  If it works then when we have our boiler changed in the spring
I'll fit same on some of other other 6 (currently non-TRV) radiators.

Specifically the valves are
1 x Drayton Lifestyle RT212 (appears to be approx 30mm dia fitting)
1 x Westherm (appears to be approx 20mm dia fitting)

I've already discounted "heating control only" solutions like the
Honeywell CM zone kits (as control will be integrated with more than
just heating) so the Honeywell HR80K is off the list already....

Thanks,

jon