Re: Re: Buying Harmony remote from the states

I never used to, but it's become normal now to turn everything on and
use the amp - the TV speaker meshes developed an annoying buzz with low
frequencies and the sound is much clearer through the amp anyway.

The way our gear is set up, that means 4 boxes need turning on
together.  Hence the Harmony.  When it worked it was great, but now it
has developed all these faults it's not, and I'm not sure I want to risk
all that money on another.

Mal

Andrew Walker wrote:

> I think as long as I can get it to control the AMP volume when in TV
mode
> the wife will be happy and I will finally get my dolby pro logic for
> normal
> tv viewing.
>
> Seems a lot of money to fix this one problem though.
>
> Just curious, how many use their 5.1 amp for normal tv viewing 100% of
the
> time? If so how do you get around the two remote problem?
>
> Cam I use it for XBMC also or would that mean Logitech would have to
> support
> hacked XBOXes?

On
> Behalf Of
> Mal Lansell
> Sent: 16 November 2007 15:25
> To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx <mailto:ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>
> Subject: [ukha_d] Re: Buying Harmony remote from the states
>
> Well it's always possible that I just got a lemon, and that it could
> work fine for you and everyone else.
>
> You should check whether it supports the devices you want to
> control. Note that you don't just assign commands to buttons - you
> have to go to the Harmony website and select the devices you want to
> control, and it will set up default keys.
>
> You can do some limited rearranging - i.e. tell it you want the
> volume to affect device A instead of B when in "DVD mode"
for