Re: Re: Buying Harmony remote from the states

Andrew Walker wrote:
> I think as long as I can get it to control the AMP volume when in TV
mode
> the wife will be happy and I will finally get my dolby pro logic for
normal
> tv viewing.
>
> Seems a lot of money to fix this one problem though.
>
> Just curious, how many use their 5.1 amp for normal tv viewing 100% of
the
> time?  If so how do you get around the two remote problem?
>
> Cam I use it for XBMC also or would that mean Logitech would have to
support
> hacked XBOXes?

I don't use the amp all the time, but I've got duplicate activities set
up on the harmony for each source that can play through the amp, so I
can use it as and when I like. e.g. I have a SkyHD activity and a
SkyHD+Amp one, the only difference being the way the volume is
controlled. It works very well.

And yes, the harmony will work with XBMC. Add an IR mod to allow you to
turn it on via remote and it's ideal.