Re: Re: Buying Harmony remote from the states

Mal Lansell wrote:
> We have a TV, Cable box, PVR/DVD and DVD/Surround Amp.  The DVD player
> in the amp started playing up (heat I think) so we use the player in
the
> PVR and pipe the sound via fibre and optical/electrical converter to
the
> amp.
>
> That means 4 boxes and 4 remotes, but the Harmony's inability to
remain
> even vaguely aware of what mode it was in last makes it more hassle to
> use than just picking up whatever orginal remote will do the trick.

That does seem odd. The only time I've had trouble with the sync between
devices and the remote is when commands get missed - usually due to
putting the remote down behind something when it's sending a long
sequence of commands.

Unless there's some oddity with your setup (it may be worth setting up a
second account on the harmony website and redoing your setup - using the
standalone app as it's quicker), it does seem likely that you have a
faulty one.