Re: Re: Advice please on running cat5

Now the floorboards & carpets are back down and everything is
tidied ...

One suggestion to anyone else that's considering retro-fitting cat5 to
their home is to get some cable rods.
I purchased an inexpensive (=A315) set and it meant I need fewer
floorboards up than without.
Getting between the opened floorboards was an absolute doddle with them.

jon
On Nov 13, 2007 12:18 PM, Jon Wilkins <jonpdwilkins@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks all for the advice.
>
> >  I've got some heat shrink from screwfix but if you look at the
> >  Papidonline.com site they have the spec sheets for their
sheathing
> >  which gives the dielectric constant and resistance in KV/mm. I
never
> >  did work out how to translate this to "mains rated".
From my
> >  experience no-one will ever check your runs so it probably for
your
> >  peace of mind more than anything.
> In the end I pulled up another floorboard (turned out it was already
> quite loose and the wife was on a quick trip to B&Q & Jewson)
so I put