RE: Re: Buying Harmony remote from the states

  • Subject: RE: Re: Buying Harmony remote from the states
  • From: "Andrew Walker" <andrew.walker@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 12:44:09 +0100

Thanks for your views Mal.

I am a little shocked as I thought the Harmony remotes were the bee's
knees=
in the remote control world and have received many recommendations on this=
forum.

The only reason I need an all-in-1 remote is I now have an AV AMP driving
m=
y 5.1 system with sources XBOX via Coax, Sonos and the TV.  I wanted to
use=
the amp full time for everything including normal day to day tv watching f=
or the dolby pro logic decoding but of course the existing tv remote
volume=
controls wont work the amp.

I'm a complete newbie to clever remotes so can I program a remote such as
t=
he harmony to control the tv with normal program numbers 1,2,3,4 etc. but
t=
o talk to the AMP with the volume up/down buttons?  This would keep the
wif=
e happy.