RE: Re: Advice please on running cat5

Easy - does any of your kit explicitly say that it must be used with
shielded CAT5?

If it does then use shielded but then make sure that the rest of your
network is set up using shielded RJ45 plugs and sockets and network
components (switches etc).

If it doesn't (and I suspect it won't) then don't and stick with the same
stuff that everyone uses ... otherwise you'll end up being another person
that got too carried away on the future proofing bandwagon and ended up
spending far too much on something that they never use.

If you feel that you're not spending enough then double up on the number of
runs that you're putting in - that'll be far more useful in the foreseeable
future. (What we'll need after CAT5 isn't identifiable yet otherwise we'd
all be looking at installing it.)

Phil