Re: [OT] CCTV Rant

  • Subject: Re: [OT] CCTV Rant
  • From: "wheelbarrowuk2001" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 10:41:02 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Keith Doxey" <ukha@...> wrote:

> ARRGGHHHH !!!!
>
> Just had the police round because we have been targeted by local
yobs for
> several months, things like egging and ripping out flowers.
>

> They were clearly visible and instantly recognised by the police but
I was
> told that the DVD may not be any good becuase my camera is illegal
because
> it covers the road and the fronts of the neighbours houses. I am only
> allowed to cover my garden and front door in which case it would have
> captured sweet FA.

Hi Keith,

Sorry to hear about your problems.

We also have cameras at home, 4 of which cover the road and our
driveway. These were put up as we live on a bend and have had some
near misses. However, the Police know we have then and have taken
copies of footage away.

We seem to be on a list somewhere as the Police have come asking about
footage for certain dates and times, Not just things we have reported.

They always seem impressed with the footage we have stored on XBMC. It
maybe that they are happy to take our recordings as they come from a
professional DVR device with date/time coding and anti tamper code.

Regards

Paul