Re: [OT] CCTV Rant

I've always been under the belief you can film in a public place
(I.E. the road, pavement, etc) but not anyone's private property
(I.E. driveway, front garden, house, etc).  If your camera captured
someone's house windows you could be accused of voyeurism.
Set your camera just to cover your own property and the
road/pavement.
Then ask the police if that is legal.
If they so no then ask how is it legal for the council to have cctv?
Point out you'll make a complaint if they tell you wrong.  I bet
they radio in for advice!  ;-)
If they still say no then maybe go and see your MP and ask him/her.
Andy

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Keith Doxey" <ukha@...> wrote:

> ARRGGHHHH !!!!
>
> Just had the police round because we have been targeted by local
yobs for
> several months, things like egging and ripping out flowers.
>
> This week they started with fireworks and because tonight is
halloween I set
> up a camera looking out the front to record everything that
happened.

> Sure enough at 7:30 they launched a rocket directly at the house.
Called the