Latest message you have seen: RE: Recommendations for noise cancelling headphones...

Two way distribution

I'm new to all this HA stuff, but since finding myself divoiced and
living with my brother(!) I'm looking to automate AV between my living
room and bedroom (I have to get away from him sometimes!).

I have Sky  and my CD/DVD player in the living room, my PC in the
bedroom, a telephone connection in another bedroom. Currently there is
a telephone cable from one bedroom to mine where I have my broadband
router. The is another extension in the living room.

I have run 4xCat5 connections between my bedroom and the living room
and a twin connection from my bedroom to the other bedroom.

I want to be able to watch the Sky TV in my bedroom on my PC. I also
want to watch/play multimedia and/or control my PC from the living room.

I've seen lots of devices/adaptors to broadcast AV to my PC via a PC
TV card or standalone TV, and KVM switches to see the PC on the TV
(seems a bit overkill), but I wondered if there are simpler, cheaper
ways to consider.

All I'm looking for is a pointer in the right direction for me to do
some more research.

Many thanks
Pete