Re: [OT] Linksys router and broadband woes

If someone is determined to get into your network then they will.
There are sufficient tools available so the only thing a hacker really
needs is a bit of time :-(
On the plus side, even basic security will deter the
casual/opportunist hacker and they'll maybe move on to someone less
well protected.

I Googled for "wireless security tips" and this was one of the
hits.
http://news.zdnet.co.uk/security/0,1000000189,39223889-1,00.htm

There's loads of other similar pages though with much the same advice,
although not all of them suggest you turn off your access point when
not in use.
It's (partly) for this reason I'm moving away from an integrated
wireless router & access point and going for separate devices (which
have separate mains plugs!).

HTH,

Tim.