Re: [OT] Linksys router and broadband woes

  • Subject: Re: [OT] Linksys router and broadband woes
  • From: "domdevitto" <dom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 21:13:52 -0000

Duplex settings?

Maybe the outside interface is set to 10/half, but CM is negotiating
100/full, or vice-versa.  This typically gives awful performance.

Though this shouldn't be possible, according to the IEEE spec, but it
often does.  Check the lights to see what's going on, and see if you
can force the Linksys to the same speed as the CM.  Of course the same
could be happening between the Linksys and your PC.

If you're still getting problems, email me and I'll see what your CM
and UBR thinks about the situation...

Dom
Dom@xxxxxxx

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Ho Yin Ng" <architect.hoyin@...>