Re: [OT] DAB "Ipod"

I too have a lobster though i don't use it as a phone, just as a radio
and windows mobile device. The DAB tuner is excellent, so much more
sensitive that my sony DAB walkman that i really should get around to
ebaying.

The phone takes micro sd cards which are fairly inexpensive these days
and if you look around on the xda-developer forums it's said you can
unlock the phone and they make suggestions, though as they say in the
forums most don't want to do this as virgin are the only people
offering the tv service this phone is designed for. I was underwhelmed
by the tv, but the radio is excellent radio 4 and bbc 7 on the tube
from white city to perivale without interruption or breakup. the sony
would give up the moment the door closes.

pick one up on ebay cheap, stick in a micro sd, turn off the phone in
comm manager and you've got an excellent excellent DAB phone and a
windows mobile device onto which you can install all kinds of media
player software. Phone charges from standard mini usb connector.

HTH

Erik

On 10/05/07, Pankaj Dhokia <pankaj@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Tim Fletcher Dot Com wrote:
> > What I really want is an MP3 player with DAB - Has anyone got any
recom=
mendations - Don't need video.

> I've just bought a reconditioned Virgin Lobster 700tv mobile from them
> (=A319.99 sim-free but locked).
>
> It has a DAB tuner, can receive TV and you can play MP3s from the
memory
> card. It can also be used with TomTom.

--=20
Erik Carlson (erik@xxxxxxx) http://www.erik.co.uk
--
"DOS Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq, Tandy,
and millions of others are by far the most popular, with about 70 million

New York Times, November 26, 1991