Re: Powermax+: PowerLink, where to buy?

Hi Phil,

What's zone minder?

I wasn't interested in using the PowerLink's own cameras, rather wanted to
connect it to my existing IP CCTV setup (which the docs says it can
support?).

I think I also heard about the PowerLink web communicator module, but
haven't been able to find much more about it.

Primarily I just want to be able to remotely control the PowerLink, and
since I'm hardly ever away from a PC, that seems the easiest way to do it.

Thanks

Rich

On 15/03/07, Philip Coombes <philip.coombes@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I don't know if the module is 'permanently' delayed or whether it may
> indeed be available soon. I was also originally thinking it would be
> handy. However I did get the GSM module and the SMS integration is
> pretty good, if a little limited. You can arm/disarm get status etc
via
> SMS which is less fiddly than dialling in all the time (though that is
> easy than in the original PowerMax). The Visonic cameras themselves
look
> like rebadged D-Links and if that's the case I wouldn't be expecting
too
> much from those. The web module for PowerMax was never going to
replace
> my ZoneMinder setup for cameras etc but I would have been interested
in
> what it was able to do.
>
> Phil
>
> Richard Parker wrote:
> > Hi Phil,
> >
> > Thanks for your reply. This presents kind of a problem though,
since I
> > really want the module to be communicable over the web. Are there
any
> > alternatives for this?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Rich
> >

> > On 15/03/07, Philip Coombes <philip.coombes@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >> The last I heard, which was a few months ago, was that
Visonic UK had