From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Richard Parker
Sent: 15 March 2007 14:41
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Problem with wall dimmers

Hi Marcus,

Don't LD11's need to be fitted into the Consumer Unit?

Rich

On 15/03/07, Marcus Warrington <marcus.warrington@xxxxxxx
<mailto:marcus.warrington%40mis-es.com>
> wrote:
>
> Why not just replace the dimmers.
>

> I have 6 low voltage lights in the bathroom that are running off an
> LD11's. The dimmers weren't expensive (in fact I think they where free
> with the lights). They do say "electronically dimmable" on
them, so I
> guess that's what you need to look out for.
>

> Marcus
>
> ________________________________
>
> From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx <mailto:ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>
[mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx
<mailto:ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>
] On
Behalf
> Of Richard Parker
> Sent: 15 March 2007 10:11
> To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx <mailto:ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>
> Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Problem with wall dimmers
>

> Hi Simon,
>
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> I did as you suggested and indeed they are low voltage halogens
> (sheepish
> grin).
>
> I guess I will have to settle for non-dimmable switching of lights in
> the
> kitchen and also our front room, which also uses low-voltage halogens.
> Curse
> the low voltage stuff! :)
>
> Many thanks - I should have checked
>
> Rich
>
> On 14/03/07, Simon Ryley <simon.ryley@xxxxxxx
<mailto:simon.ryley%40orange.net>
> <mailto:simon.ryley%40orange.net>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Richard,
> >
> > I'm using three two wire Marmitek X10 dimmers in my house, all
with
> > mains-voltage halogens. None of them have flicker problems. All
> > purchased from LetsAutomate.
> >
> > Just to clarify, the ceiling mains voltage halogens work fine on
their
> > own? The problems only start when the kitchen lights are used?
> >
> > I know you haven't found a transfomer for the kitchen unit
halogens,
> but
> > I would pull one of the bulbs out, get the code from it and check
it
> is
> > a mains halogen and not a low-voltage unit. If its a low voltage
you
> > would need to remove the dimmer from that circuit as it will
never
> work
> > unless it is a special dimmable low voltage lighting set (which
it
> seems
> > it is not)
> >
> > Dimming low voltage lights is not usually an option without
special
> > dimmable transformers. (Someone else correct me if I'm wrong on
this)

> > Hope this helps,
> >
> > Simon
> >

> > Richard Parker wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I'm having a problem getting the Domia 2-wire wall dimmer to
work
as
> > > expected. The appliance is controlling the ceiling
mains-voltage
> > halogens,
> > > as well as some kitchen unit halogens (which I also presume
are
> mains
> > > voltage as I cannot locate a transformer for them anywhere).
> > >
> > > The problem is this: when the dimmer for the kitchen unit
halogens
> is
> > > set to
> > > 100% brightness, the lights flicker. They also completely go
off
at
> > around
> > > 80% brightness. If the other switched-lights are turned on,
then
> they
> > > flicker also.
> > >
> > > I'm guessing they don't like halogens.
> > >
> > > Are there any X10 dimmers on the market that do like
halogens and