Latest message you have seen: RE: Anyone seen the xantech touchscreens at lets automate

Re: 10 Great Looking Racks

we blew the HF units in our big speakers a few years ago when one of
the transitors of the pre-amp started spluttering, randomly ...

swapping signal leads while the amp's on could do it, too ... as
could a noisy volume control ...

our main amp' is quite powerful & has some massive capacitors in the
power supply, to ensure good responsiveness .... which is great,
until there's these sorts of problems ...

Chris

On 21 Jun 2007, at 07:35, Nigel Giddings wrote:

> Andy,
>
> I wish I had installed one of those pull out racks in the Basement
> Cinema... My daughter blew all my surround speakers a couple of weeks
> ago and I took the amp out thinking she had buggered that... How do
> you
> blow 5 speakers simultaneously???
>
> I have now been putting off reinstalling the amp as everything
> connects
> to it and you have to be a small contortionist to have any chance of
> getting all the wires connected....
>
> People learn from my mistake, make sure you can get to the back of
> your
> racks...
>
> I think they are a bit pricey though...
>
> Nigel