RE: CBus Toolkit

FANTASTIC :)

Currently got 12 of the 14 DLT's fully installed, 6 x 8 ch dimmers, 1 x 8
c=
h relay, 3 x Aux units, PCI and just testing one of Kevin's CBus/HV/xAP
gat=
eways (which is REALLY good!).

Have taken a few pics but need to take some more - plan to post them to my
=
gallery some time soon.

Paul.

The
> newer
> >'Toolkit' software is v1.6.1 - go >figure that one !!! ;)
>=20
> The old software i think was just called CBUS Software  ver ?.....They
> renamed the software to "Toolkit"..........
>=20
> Hows your CBUS system going ????
>=20
> Frank
>=20
>=20
>=20

shop.com/info.php?page=3Dlinks&osCsid=3Ddf06ab66ddb2287e30f49a2fb7cfb268
>=20
> The newer Toolkit also has a help system (based on the old Windows
help
> system - so if you're running Vista, you'll need to download the help
> files
> from MS). This help is quite difficult to navigate but it contains a
> wealth
> of info.
>=20
> You should be able to mostly explore the CBus system and possibilities
> using
> Toolkit alone although those 'sudden realisation moments' do often
come
> from
> playing with a unit and DLT etc.
>=20
> One thing to note on the download pages is that the 'Version 2'
manuals
> and
> software are actually the OLD system (from what I understand)! The
> newer
> 'Toolkit' software is v1.6.1 - go figure that one !!! ;)
>=20
> I hope that helps a bit? Although I'm still a noob at CBus, willing to
> answer any questions I can!
>=20
> Cheers,
>=20
>=20
> Paul.
>=20

out exce=
pt
> > =91about=92. This is version 1.2.1 (build 192)
> >

> > When I add units to a project they appear to be accepted but do
not
> > show up in the application. To me it seems to need to verify the
unit
> > exists on the network before you can move forward?
> >

> > I wanted to experiment using a system made up of Bus Couplers,
> Dimming
> > units and Analogue Outputs. I wanted to see if I would be limited
in
> > functionality because I was using Bus Couplers rather than a
=91More
> > Inteligent=92 switch?
> >

> > TIA
> >

> > Nigel

Toolkit"...

> > ...it's the programming software for C-Bus.
> >
> > > Is it possible to run it in emulation mode. I wanted to
> > > experiment with building a network without having to buy any
H/W.

> > Emulating what exactly?
> >
> > You can program C-Bus "offline" (without it connected
to a network)