RE: CBus Toolkit

> When I load CBus Toolkit all the 'help' options are greyed
> out except 'about'. This is version 1.2.1 (build 192)

That version is about 18 month sold - the current version is 1.6.1 and has
full help files.

> When I add units to a project they appear to be accepted but
> do not show up in the application. To me it seems to need to
> verify the unit exists on the network before you can move forward?

Nope ... There are also tutorials and training materials downloadable from
the Australian C-Bus website and I believe that they are also linked to
from
the C-Bus sections of www.cbusshop.co.uk and www.letsautomate.com (I know
they used to be) - they may also be linked to from other C-Bus retailers
but
those are the two that I remember.

> I wanted to experiment using a system made up of Bus
> Couplers, Dimming units and Analogue Outputs. I wanted to see
> if I would be limited in functionality because I was using
> Bus Couplers rather than a 'More Inteligent' switch?

There you're looking at simulating a system I guess and there is no such
facility within Toolkit.

Basically all you lose by using a bus coupler instead of a NEO / Reflection
/ Saturn / DLT is the ability to set a scene directly from the switch
itself
but there is no reason why you couldn't use an action from a bus coupler to
trigger a scene in another switch or from a touchscreen or PAC...

Phil