Re: [OT] Node 0 file / exchange server

So are you saying that having everything combined on one server is not
wise idea?

In an office environment I wouldn't but at home does it matter that much if
my exchange server needs a reboot and this means I don't get file access?

Or are you saying because it is a server I should be running SCSI RAID
therefore storage will be expensive? And hence a second machine running
SATA
drives would be cheaper?

Or are you saying that that is just too much to run on one single box?

I would probably at the moment run a 500gb drive in it with the space for a
further two drives. But if worse can to worse I would probably run a NAS or
external USB drives if I ran out of space.

Anyone found any good server boxes?

Ho yin

On 07/06/07, Andy Davies <dajdavies@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>   Although a Dell might workout cheaper, if you want something cool
and
> quiet
> I'd build it yourself.
>
> It might even be work sticking VMware on the box so that the different
> applications could be partitioned onto different VMs, or splitting to
two
> boxes and running some stuff e.g. video/mp3 serving off a ITX box or
Mac

<architect.hoyin@xxxxxxx<architect.hoyin%40gmail.com>>