Re: Plug In Themostate Thingy ?

Hey Tim,

The brooder lamp is basically a 150w bulb so about .7 amps.  The
downside of that unit is that it would need to be inside the brooder and
with a load of messy chicks + splashing water (they like to dig the
water for some strange reason) that could mean problems :\

The temperature it needs to control is 15c to about 36c, but I guess 35c
is fine. Really the only problem is the remote sensor.

Cheers

Marc

wrote:
> > Hey Guys,
> >
> > I have a brooder that I use for raising chicks. The brooder works
ok,
> > but needs constant monitoring. If the ambient room temperature
gets too
> > high then the temperature in the brooder rises to dangerous
levels and
> > the only way to keep it right is to move the lamp. That's fine,
but a
> > pain in the bum when your doing it 5 times a day or need to go
out.

> > So, true to this list, I am looking for a way to automate it.
> >
> > The brooder is basically just a heat lamp with a plug on the end.
What I