RE: Plug In Themostate Thingy ?

  • Subject: RE: Plug In Themostate Thingy ?
  • From: "ReynoldsB" <Brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 16:14:41 +0100

I use a heat lamp in my Meerkat cage connected to an X-10 DIN module.
I blew
a lot of these lamps until I reduced the level to 99% when I was told that
is what the pro's do.

But more to the point, do you need a heat lamp or a heat and light lamp or
just a heat source?

The reason I ask is I also use an incubator heat device inside the Meerkat
nest box also controlled from HV. This is a green wire loop thing that
connects to a thermostat box which in turn has a mains plug on one end and
temperature probe on the other.

As the Meerkats will/do eat anything and everything I have had to make a
wire tunnel down the side of the nest box to thread the probe through.
These
devices are built for the job and I have never had any trouble in 11 years
of use.

I also have a DS1820 in the wire tunnel to monitor the temperature also via
HV.

HTH,

B.

_____