Re: CBus to HomeSeer and MainLobby

Hi David,

Yes you can do this via xAP and my embedded gateway (and also to
HomeVision too should you want).

There are actually two xAP plugins available for HomeSeer, and both
are free :-).   In order to get from C-Bus to xAP I have a gateway
available. It's a standalone box with an Ethernet and C-Bus interface ,
plus it has 4 serial ports to support other devices in the future.  This
solution is totally 'embedded' - ie no PC application required.  Once in
HomeSeer you can get the C-Bus devices into MainLobby of course and
there is a xAP plugin for Xlobby too.  The gateway costs £150 with
choice of any two personalities which in you case would be C-Bus and
xAP. If you choose C-Bus there is an additional cost of £50 to include
the onboard C-Bus interface.  Unfortunately at this time I can't supply
any of these C-Bus onboard interfaces (SIMs) so you would have to use
your existing C-Bus PCI interface FTTB which attaches to one of the
serial ports on the gateway.  At such time as I get onboard C-Bus
interfaces available again you can just buy it for £50 and plug it
onto
the board . You should plan on this being a required update though as I
may then deprecate support of the external  PCI interface. Having a
fully dedicated C-Bus interface of known version number is much easier
for me to manage.

The units have just become available last couple of weeks in beta
form. In fact I'm off to the PO with some later...  As it's an ongoing
personal project they are likely to always remain 'under
development/beta'. . I sell them at almost cost so no real commercial
incentive here. I have a support group with more info for users,and
indeed anyone with interest.

A website is on the (distant) horizon. There's a really awful/older HV
related page here with a pic of a half populated board, there's an 'open
ended' case included too now. The hardware is exactly the same for the
xAP/HV version.

http://www.ukusa.demon.co.uk/HVCBUS.htm

Any Q's just ask..

Kevin