RE: Re: [OT] Backups

> Might be for you. It's meeting my current requirements
> perfectly well, ta very much.  ;-)
>
> Steve

Ahhh ... Of course ... Sorry I hadn't understood you.

So then Rob, you need to sign your friend and his company up to the Beta
program for Windows Home Server, hope that he gets accepted and then get
him
to entrust the data that he knows is important to him (which is why he
wants
to back it up) to a Beta product aimed not at the commercial market but at
the home market. (Or should he wait a while and leave himself unprotected
until WHS hits the shelves?)

How stupid of me - here I was thinking that he wanted a solution that was
viable, supportable and available *NOW* but hell, this is UKHA_D so I guess
any (I did wonder whether to leave the words "half" &
"arsed" in here)
solution is good as long as it's either potentially unreliable or
free/cheap
(or preferably both).

Sorry if I sound sarcastic but we are straying away from the point of the
original question - and that was for suggestions for a *SOLUTION* to a
*CURRENT* problem. Windows Home Server might well be a great product (and I
hope it is as I'm keeping a half-eye on it too as a possible solution to my
needs) but ultimately the clue is in the name "Windows Home Server
*BETA*"
... It's not a product that the guy can use to produce a working commercial
solution at this time.

Phil