Re: [OT] RAID

Keith Doxey wrote:
> I havent tried a Mac because...
> 1. I don't have access to one
> 2. As with Linux I need to run some Windows only programs.
> I know you can also put Windows on an Intel based Mac but then it isnt
> really a Mac then is it ?

There's always Parallels Desktop (Virtualisation software). In
"Coherence" mode, Windows apps even  appear  to run in Mac OS X
natively
(bit like the non-root mode X Window servers of old...)

I'm currently migrating my Linux server over to a new machine so that I
can run WinXP in a VM (for weather station s/w).

> Like it or loath it, I think that for the vast majority of computer
"users"
> there isnt really any alternative to running Windows. XP Pro does all
> want/need at this time so that is what I stick with.

I think that's only true if you choose to limit yourself to a particular
Application that is only available for Windows (like I do with the
weather station s/w), but these days you're not limited to only running
one OS :-)

Jim