Low profile right-angle plugs (RS232 + USB)

  • Subject: Low profile right-angle plugs (RS232 + USB)
  • From: "Rob Iles" <rob.iles@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 00:55:46 +0100

Dear All,

Having recently enclosed my Dupline Master Channel Generators in a
consumer-unit style housing, I can't close the door with a typical serial
cable attached - - it sticks out to far. Am looking for a low profile right
anngle style connection, without having to roll my own - any ideas of
suppliers?

Similaer situation with CBus kit - - can't close cab door with USB Cable
sticking out of the PAC - - is there such a thing as a low profile right
angle USB lead?

Or, am I going to have to bu lots of plugs, cables, solder, and some
potting
compound/similar to make it work?

N.B. Happy to go home-brew for my own purposes, but would love to hear of
something available on mass, as "we" (my employers) are likely to
deploy a
lot of both of the above, and I don't want to spend my life cusom making
cables.

Cheers,

Rob