Re: [OT] RAID

'twas only a thought ... the idea was that the DVDs might be
more=20=20
secure against crashes & failures, because once recorded they=20=20
couldn't fail ... guess I had in-mind blue-ray or the other one, and=20=20
an auto-feed DVD duplicator ... but no contest, really ... two or=20=20
three (to cover failure) terrabyte HDs would win hands down on cost ...

Chris

On 13 Jul 2007, at 00:28, Phil Harris wrote:

> There's a number of them but they are physically huge,
mechanically=20=20
> complex,
> fairly expensive and the software to drive them tends to be
pretty=20=20
> horrific
> prices too! They also tend to hold about 200 DVDs and at 4.7Gb
each=20=20
> that's
> not even a terrabyte. (I'm assuming dual layer discs would be=20=20
> excluded for
> cost reasons.)
>
> 1Tb hard discs are =A3200 - much easier to handle and a hell of a lot
=
=20