RE: [OT] RAID

There's a number of them but they are physically huge, mechanically
complex=
,
fairly expensive and the software to drive them tends to be pretty horrific
prices too! They also tend to hold about 200 DVDs and at 4.7Gb each that's
not even a terrabyte. (I'm assuming dual layer discs would be excluded for
cost reasons.)

1Tb hard discs are =A3200 - much easier to handle and a hell of a lot
quick=
er
to write to and access and hard disc media itself has to be a damn tempting
choice for backup media.

Phil