RE: 5080LC: Prelabelled Button Caps

Thanks Phil. I Think I'll have some then...

I don't suppose there's any possibility of custom made ones are there? -
either to order, or even DIY... - I want one that says "Heating",
"Heat"
or "Heater".. There doesn't appear to be one that already says
that in
the screenshot of the product.. Although I see there is one with a
symbol that could be a viable alternative, but I'd still like to have
the word if possible.

Cheers.

Paul G.

shine through
> and
> the etched caps have the strokes of the text then the backlighting
does
> look
> a little attenuated.
>
> They are easy enough to remove and fit but I suggest you practice with
> couple of normal caps first ... The caps have two plastic prongs which
> fit
> quite tightly into two holes in the transparent button moulding and
> these
> can be quite easy to break. I suggest that you use a sharp knife
> (something
> like a Stanley knife) and carefully work the blade in between the edge
> of
> the cap and the button moulding and work slowly around the entire
> circumference of the cap levering it away from the moulding. Don't be
> tempted once it seems to be moving just to lever it off in one go as
> you'll
> almost certainly break off a prong.
>
> Other than that - piece of p*ss to fit and they look quite nice ... We
> had
> 'em on the stand at CEDIA the week before last to label up a Saturn
> switch
> that we were using to control the C-Bus multi room audio.
>
> Phil

indicators?