RE: 5080LC: Prelabelled Button Caps

Paul,

Yep, I've used 'em (Surprise surprise).

They look pretty good IMO ... The LED indicators still show through the
etching in the same way as they do on the original caps however as the
original caps have quite a large "hole" for the light to shine
through and
the etched caps have the strokes of the text then the backlighting does
look
a little attenuated.

They are easy enough to remove and fit but I suggest you practice with a
couple of normal caps first ... The caps have two plastic prongs which fit
quite tightly into two holes in the transparent button moulding and these
can be quite easy to break. I suggest that you use a sharp knife (something
like a Stanley knife) and carefully work the blade in between the edge of
the cap and the button moulding and work slowly around the entire
circumference of the cap levering it away from the moulding. Don't be
tempted once it seems to be moving just to lever it off in one go as you'll
almost certainly break off a prong.

Other than that - piece of p*ss to fit and they look quite nice ... We had
'em on the stand at CEDIA the week before last to label up a Saturn switch
that we were using to control the C-Bus multi room audio.

Phil