Re: Re: Low power PC

On 09/01/07, Kim Wall <kim@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> In other words, changing the duty-cycle of a server may be a better
way
> to save power than switching to low-power components.  Especially if
the
> household spend a significant proportion of the day at work or asleep.
> This is probably limited to things like media servers, file servers,
> backup servers, that sort of thing, though.  Routers, webservers,
> Geovision, whatever controls your heating, etc tend to need to be on
:)

Duty cycle can be an important one too. To be honest it's something I
don't pay enough attention to, but as I see it 2 out of my 3 machines
*need* to be on all the time. The other one (in the kitchen) could
maybe be handled better.

I do try to set them all to power down disks etc as much as possible.

--
Regards

Simon

---