Re: RS232 control of Denon receivers

  • Subject: Re: RS232 control of Denon receivers
  • From: "Rob Dobson" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 11:19:58 -0000

The receiver is a Denon 4306 - I have looked on the web and it seems
lots of people connect Denon receivers to their computers, so I wonder
of the manual states not to connect to a computer just to cover their
back.

I've just had a look at the Girder website and it looks capable of
doing what I want it to, however I have a couple fo questions:

-Is Vista support in the pipeline?
-Is the Denon plugin you mention free or an extra charge?
-Will it work with a serial CM11 / CM12 to control X10 - I assume it
does as it says it has X10 control?
-Can it take a trigger from an external application via an API?

Girder does look quite appealing at the moment, assuming it can do what
I ask above.

Thanks for the help,

Rob