Re: What can I buy to replace Tivo?

ianh1000 wrote:

> So the question is What can I get that gets me close to TIVO using
> Freeview? I don't want SKY as I don't want to have a STB with each TV
> and most TV's have integrated DVB now.

Probably not want you want to hear, but you'll likely fine the highest
WAF with a Sky+. It has the best EPG & PVR software I've seen to date.

Using the TVlinks you can view & control it from all your TVs around
the
house too, and the remote control is very well designed.

You'd still need an external DVD recorder to archive, but you can select
a bunch of programs to archive and it'll then talk to your DVD recorder
over the scart socket (I forget the name of the protocol) to start/stop it.

Joseph