Re: Bouncing

At the moment Yahoo lists seem to be a real mess, certainly the time
from posting to delivery is making it almost unusable for any
interactive chat. Don't know what they've changed but I'm seeing several
hours frequently now.  Also frequently getting messages out of order ie
replies before posts but I suspect that's not Yahoo but the intermediate
steps in delivery.

On the bouncing issue I haven't experienced this recently at all
but....  one of the things that caused this for me previously was my ISP
and their SPAM filtering.  When it was enabled the ISP hard bounced
suspected SPAM messages back to the sender - in this case Yahoo, and as
soon as Yahoo sees a hard bounce it will suspend you from the list, and
indeed all lists you are subscribed to. This is a real pain as false
identifications and even real ones cause you to lose all your Yahoo
groups emails - and you only realise when you start not to receive
postings.  My ISP (Demon) has no workaround for this, I had suggested
they treat Yahoo as a special privileged sender and not bounce back to
them but they say there is no facility for this.  So I have had to
disable the SPAM filter and handle it here.  I'm thinking that other
intermediate mail relays might also cause this issue though. For me an
ISP that prepends [SPAM?] to the subject header works well as I can just
dump them but it doesn't have quite the same effect as the bounce I
guess, and I am receiving over 500 SPAM emails a day through my Yahoo
Groups address.   ( and my domain address has been used as a SPAM
originator for quite some time - much like other users are complaining of).

Yahoo's threading and the ability to follow topics is quite limited , I
much prefer a proper forum but one with the option for traditional email
notifications as well. I wonder is it oppertune to revisit the Yahoo
alternatives again for UKHA, would your new Automated Home Software help
here at all Mark or are you happy as is  ?