RE: Re: Vista Upgrade DVD - Clean Install Workaround

To the OEM license that came with which hardware though?

My understanding of the Action Pack was that it was to allow companies that
provide solutions based on MS products to have their own in house kit with
which to demo those solutions - it didn't say anything about being
restricted to installation on hardware which was already supplied
preinstalled with MS products.

> Microsoft are "enforcing" this policy now by only issuing
Upgrade
> media/licences.

It's a pain but if that's the case then this may be the last year I
subscribe to it...

> Even the big volume licences used by business are no longer "bare
> metal" licences.

Now that's a real p*sser for them unless they buy machines that are already
preinstalled.

> Now that sucks.

Yup...

Phil