Re: Minimum FPS for CCTV system

Simon Coates wrote:
> Jim,
> Some webcams are terrible in low light - many need 10 to 20 lux to get
a decent image - mainly CMOS ones.  CCD webcams are better - ie. Philips
Toucam.  What I'm getting at is that for £25+VAT you can get a very
good 1.3Mpixel 1/3" CMOS webcam (Trust)
> CCTV manufactures don't seem to have a higher spec equivalent.

Indeed, even the CCD ones are often 1-2 lux minimum though. At the lower
end of the market at least.

There are some with decent low light performance, but they're very
expensive.
eg. Mobotix:
http://www.mobotix.com/eng_GB/content/view/full/2
They also have some [even more expensive] megapixel day/night cameras.

Give it a couple of years though, and I reckon both the price and the
specification will have improved quite a bit.

Jim