Re: Xap messages catching

Hi there,

The xAP group is probably the best place for this sort of question....

However....If the message is a xAPBSC.event then the device will be
changing state so the 'change' trigger will work.  xAPBSC.info messages
are really just confirmation messages of the current state but they do
'update' the value in terms of your triggers so again that can be used
as a trigger.

Actually another option ....I'm thinking xAP Floorplan has inbuilt
schema translation between xAP BSC and xPL's Sensor schema anyway  ?
..so maybe you don't have to do anything at all.

Lastly I assume you are running xPLHAL too ?  Within that
application there is an ability to script the routing of messages
between xAP and xPL networks using the inbuilt bridge. Obviously within
the script you can apply whatever filtering and schema
translation/mappings you desire.  Keep an eye on your traffic volumes
here though as xPLHAL has to run the script for every message it sees.
Ensure that any unnecessary traffic is removed (for example if you have
a xAP Netiom which has something like 120 input/output endpoints then
disable all the ones you aren't using and apply sensible 'change
sensitivities' to the analogue and counter values.

Kevin

glhopital@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Hello,
>
> using xap Floorplan, I would like to catch when a xap message is
issued (typically a xAPBSC.event of output.state), to take it and transform
it to xpl to be understood by xplhal.

> In my comprehension of the product, you can only trigger a script when
a device value is changed or updated. Then I don't see where to put my
trigger...