Re: KAT5 PoE

  • Subject: Re: KAT5 PoE
  • From: "ianh1000" <ianh1000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2007 17:01:44 -0000

Hi gareth,

What have you done for KAT5? I am about to fit one behind my wall
mounted TV, I have no room for a PSU but van just fit the KAT5 unit/ I
ran 2x CAT5 cables assuming I would need 1 for the KAT5 and could send
power over the second, perhaps pairing some condutors if required.

Do I need the second CAT5 drop or could I make/buy something to send
POE for the KAT5? I understand that KAT5 is not Ethernet but just uses
all of the conductors of a CAT5 cable.

Cheers
Ian