Latest message you have seen: RE: Recommendations for noise cancelling headphones...

Re: Most useless gadget 2007? WAS [Re: Christmas gadgets]

Depends what you use it for...

I've currently got a seven year old Toshiba Portege that we only use
for surfing the web, reading email via gmail, playing online chess,
Skype etc., it's getting a bit slow and takes an age to boot. If all
you want it a browser a few other things something like a 10" eee PC
would make an ideal replacement

Alternatively I have been playing with replacing the hard drive in it
with an SSD and running xubuntu on it instead.

Andy